MAKING IT HOME
There’s a subtle difference between owning a house and owning a home, and much of that has to do with changing the home’s character to fit your personality.
Considering the quantity and value of your possessions, as well as the type of place you’re moving from and to, you must decide the best method to move:
Professional movers: First, ask for estimates from several companies, and base your decision on the costs and reputation of the mover. Talk to your Pittman & Associates Sales Professional – they may have some suggestions.
Moving yourself: You can probably cut your moving bill in half if you pack your possessions and move them in a rented truck, but the amount of work and worry will increase. Plus, you’ll want to review your homeowner’s insurance policy to see if it covers your possessions during a move.
Remember to save all your receipts from the move, whether you choose a professional mover or do the job yourself. If you’re moving in conjunction with a job and you itemize your tax returns, you may be able to write off the moving expenses.
CALLING IT YOUR OWN
Consider these ideas to make your home comfortable, welcoming and yours right from the start:
- Set up one room immediately. Clear out the boxes. Arrange the furniture. This room will become your haven and headquarters as you tackle the rest of the house.
- Set up the children’s rooms to give them a feeling of being home.
- If necessary, paint before unpacking. Use curtains or throw pillows to adapt your furnishings to an existing color scheme.
- Draw up a floor plan to help you decide where to put furniture.
- Create a focal point in each room by drawing attention to an architectural feature — add artwork above the mantel or use an unusual drapery treatment on a window with a view.
AFTER THE SALE
The relationship you’ve forged with us doesn’t end when the sale is over. Feel free to call us with any questions you might have even after you’re settled. And, don’t forget to call when you’re ready to make another move – we’ll always be ready to assist.
GET IN TOUCH
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch soon or feel free to contact us.